Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital is committed to providing a full continuum of programming options so that patients can receive the type and level of care that is best suited to their unique needs.
About Our Partial Hospitalization Program
One integral component of this effort is our partial hospitalization program, or PHP. This level of care features a full schedule of intensive, structured treatment services each weekday, with patients returning home or to an alternative residence in the evenings and on weekends.
All PHP admissions decisions at Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital are based upon a personal assessment of each prospective patient. However, in general, PHP is typically a good fit for people in one of the following two categories:
- Patients who have completed inpatient or residential programming, but who can benefit from structured step-down support as they prepare to exit treatment
- Individuals who need intensive treatment services, but whose symptoms are not severe enough to require round-the-clock care
Our Treatment Modalities
As is the case with all levels of care at Erlanger, PHP patients follow a personalized treatment plan that is based upon a thorough assessment of their needs and goals. Depending upon these factors, a person’s time in PHP with us may include the following services and activities:
- Medication management: Certain prescription medications can ease the symptoms of various mental health disorders.
- Individual therapy: One-on-one sessions with an experienced professional can be a valuable opportunity to process successes and setbacks, and to receive personalized feedback.
- Group therapy: Groups help patients share their insights, learn from the experiences of others, practice healthy interpersonal communication, and receive guidance from experienced professionals.
- Family therapy: These sessions can help family members process the way they have been impacted by their loved one’s struggles, and can teach them how to best support the patient during and after treatment.
Following a person’s time in PHP, they may step down to our intensive outpatient program (IOP) or transition out of our care.
All PHP patients receive a detailed discharge plan prior to the end of their time in our care. This document will ensure that they are connected with the professionals and community-based resources that will support their continued healthy progress.
To learn more about PHP at Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital, or for additional information about any aspect of our programming, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. A member of our team is available 24/7 to answer all of your questions and help you determine if Erlanger is the perfect place for you or a loved one.